Dear St. John’s Community,
We want to express our gratitude for the many ways you make St. John’s a thriving faith community. We are inspired by the remarkable way you partner in faith within our St. John’s community, and among your own communities of friends, acquaintances and work colleagues.
Thank you so much for the contributions you have already made in 2017. We depend on your ongoing generosity to support pastors, staff, worship, maintaining our building, and our mission giving.
This year, $46,000 was given by St. John’s to ministries reaching our neighbors and world. They include:
- Hamilton House, an organization serving homeless mothers and children
- San Francisco Safe House, an organization which serves women who are homeless and prostituted to escape life on the street
- Our beloved Harvest Food Pantry
- Assistance to the resettlement of refugees in California
- Support to a mission co-worker serving in Palestine
- Support to a mission co-worker serving Latin and South America
- Teddy Bear Lift project for children of Syrian refugees,
Our 112-year-old building provides a place for inspiration, inclusivity and gathering for and by our ministries, and for the community in our neighborhood and city. Can you imagine Lake Street without St. John’s?! Some of our recent or ongoing accomplishments are:
- $80,000 to paint the exterior of the church
- $121,000 to restore the Newhall stained glass window
- $350,000 to upgrade our electrical system and sanctuary lighting
- $1,500 for a sanctuary TV
- $1,400 to restore the sanctuary front bench and railing
- $1,700 to refresh our front sign.
Some folks have generously made designated gifts toward these special projects, which are always gratefully received.
Thank you so much for your financial support of St. John’s.
For your convenience, you may also give online via the Presbyterian Mission Agency, through your checking or credit card accounts: https://tinyurl.com/zrw8g8q
Yours, as together we serve Christ,
The St. John’s leadership team